Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, Inc. (FREE), is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment that values and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We believe that a diverse workforce not only reflects the communities we serve but also drives our collective success. We actively encourage candidates of all genders, ages, races, sexual orientations, religions, nationalities, and backgrounds to apply for positions at our company. Your unique talents and experiences will play a crucial role in our mission to support people of all abilities to reach their full potential and thrive in their communities. Join us in creating a workplace where everyone feels respected, heard, and empowered.
Who We Are
Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, Inc. (FREE) founded in 1977 and headquartered in Old Bethpage, benefits and proudly supports more than 4,000 individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities, mental illness and traumatic brain injury. It is the mission of FREE to help individuals of all abilities to reach their full potential and thrive in their communities. FREE provides a diverse array of supports and services including: housing, recovery services, transition to work, employment, day, community and family services, respite, crisis services, education and after-school support, primary and specialty health care and advocacy.
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the OMH Licensed Clinician is responsible for the
oversight of those individuals diagnosed with mental illness receiving services from FREE. This qualified,
specially trained team member will be available to provide crisis intervention, direct support,
medication monitoring and oversight, assistance with daily living skills, and any other assistance that
these individuals need while participating in site-based services. This team member will assist in the
development of the Initial Plans, Relapse Prevention Plans, and Support Plans. The Licensed Clinician will
also run therapy groups on specific topics, provide individualized supportive counseling, and conduct
assessments as needed or required. The Licensed Clinician may also be asked to undertake projects
aimed at expanding and improving the scope and quality of services provided.
Essential Job Functions
• Complete all requisite documentation to support the services provided within the program and
implement all plans developed
• Complete progress notes and group notes accurately, thoroughly and in a timely manner
• Complete assessments as needed or when required
• Provide crisis intervention, direct support, medication monitoring and oversight, assistance with
daily living skills, and any other assistance that these individuals need while participating in sitebased
• Assist individuals receiving services in working on their person-centered recovery and safety plans
which will remain congruent with the residential treatment plan developed in the affiliated mental
health treatment program and home health coordination plan, if applicable
• Develop and run group therapy sessions, as well as providing individualized supportive counseling
• Participate in the review of referral information when applicable, and case reviews as needed
• Advocate for the needs of the individuals in team discussions, communications with collateral
organizations, and other contacts
• Relay individual and/ or program specific information to appropriate agency personnel
• Learn and adhere to all agency policies and procedures on agency personnel
• Accept and follow through on other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education, Work Experience, and Competencies
• Master’s Degree and Licensure as either an LMSW, LCSW, or LMHC
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience working with individuals diagnosed with mental illness
• Valid New York State Driver’s License and must meet Agency criteria to be considered a driver
• Experience working with outside treatment providers and mental health professionals
• Demonstrates organizational and communication skills which would enable effective interaction
with fellow team members, individuals/clients/families and the community
• Critical thinking and sound judgment skills are necessary
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds or more
• Daily standing, bending and lift
• Must be able to stand for at least eight hours at a time
FREE’s Core Values
All team members are expected to represent the core values of the organization, outlined below, at all
• Integrity...we expect the conduct of all team members in the FREE network to be rooted in
transparency and honesty and to be consistent with our stated values.
• Diversity...we believe in the dignity and worth of all people. We strive to foster an appreciation
of, and respect for, the differences among all of us that enrich the world.
• Responsiveness...we commit to striving to meet to the needs of the people we support, valued
team members and the unmet needs of the community.
• Quality...we support people to plan, choose, and contribute to their personal outcomes and to
live a rewarding life based on their individual choices and preferences.
• Stewardship...we recognize our responsibility in managing the resources of the FREE network
responsibly, effectively, and efficiently.
• Innovation...together, we find creative solutions to take advantage of opportunities and meet
challenges while celebrating our collective accomplishments.
• Interdependence... we pledge to promote a collaborative environment driven and enabled by a
dedicated team of professionals. WE is more powerful than YOU or I.
USD $ 24.46/Hr - $27.45/Hr