Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, Inc. (FREE), is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment that values and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We believe that a diverse workforce not only reflects the communities we serve but also drives our collective success. We actively encourage candidates of all genders, ages, races, sexual orientations, religions, nationalities, and backgrounds to apply for positions at our company. Your unique talents and experiences will play a crucial role in our mission to support people of all abilities to reach their full potential and thrive in their communities. Join us in creating a workplace where everyone feels respected, heard, and empowered.
Under the Supervision of the Assistant Director of Nursing, the Nursing Supervisor is responsible to for the oversight of all nursing practices and procedures related to an individual’s plan of care in accordance with established rules and New York State regulations and agency policy. The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for supervision of Registered Nurses in assigned programs and the evaluation of their performance of tasks required by the individual’s Plan of Care.
Essential Job Functions
Include but are not limited to:
Oversight of Healthcare for individuals in assigned caseload
- Ensure adequate supervision of individuals healthcare
- Ensure doctor’s visits are followed up, obtain and file reports
- Perform necessary assessments of individuals including, but not limited to visuals, self-medication, Bowel Management
- Implement person specific Nursing Care Plans
- Ensure team members are appropriately educated on each individual’s healthcare needs and, if applicable, medication administration.
- Ensure Medications are properly supplied, stored, and secured and Medication Administration Record is validated monthly
- Monitor effects of medication
- Validate individual’s records/reports/data as required
- Attend and Participate in assigned Program Inter-Disciplinary Team and Staff Meetings; attend other meetings as required.
- Assist in orientation and training of new team members.
- Supervise AMAP certified team members during certification/recertification and complete spot checks as needed.
- Supervision of Registered Nurses in Assigned Caseload Oversee, recommend and evaluate the nursing services
- Provide staff training in the areas of mandatory nursing in-services and assist the program nurse in the training of individual/specific topics related to nursing and best practices.
- Provide direct clinical supervision to all Registered Nurses on assigned caseload on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with Assistant Director of Nursing to coordinate nursing coverage for assigned sites
- Schedule site visits to programs on assigned caseload
- Attend Inter-Disciplinary Team Meetings when indicated
- Complete administrative tasks associated with supervision of Registered Nurses (Empower, Vacation Requests, Travel, etc.)
- Assist in orientation and training of new clinical staff.