Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, Inc. (FREE), is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment that values and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We believe that a diverse workforce not only reflects the communities we serve but also drives our collective success. We actively encourage candidates of all genders, ages, races, sexual orientations, religions, nationalities, and backgrounds to apply for positions at our company. Your unique talents and experiences will play a crucial role in our mission to support people of all abilities to reach their full potential and thrive in their communities. Join us in creating a workplace where everyone feels respected, heard, and empowered.
The Assistant Vice President of Nursing (AVP) is responsible for ensuring the delivery of the highest quality of health care to the individuals we support. Under the supervision of the President, the AVP oversees all nursing practices and procedures related to an individual’s plan of care in accordance with regulatory requirements and agency policy. The AVP ensures that all nursing services in assigned residences/programs are carried out to meet the individual needs of the men and women we support, including providing such nursing services directly when needed. The AVP supervises the Nursing Supervisors, Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses in assigned programs. The AVP provides support and coverage to residences/programs as needed and is on call 24/7 for clinical assessment and consultation.
Provide for the Health & Safety of the Individuals
Management, Supervision and Professional Development of Staff
Education, Work Experience, and Competencies
• Current Registered Professional Nurse with minimum of five years acute care experience.
• Education requirements; minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Master’s degree
preferred, must have previous supervisory experience.
• Previous OPWDD nursing experience preferred. Strong familiarity with federal, state &
local regulations governing health care.
• Follow the Code of Conduct and Agency standards as outlined in the Employee
• Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
• Ensure that positive and professional relationships are built and maintained with persons
in the community, staff and coworkers.
• Complete tuberculosis screening (PPD) as per New York State regulation
• Attend and complete training in accordance with New York State regulations and Agency
• Attend support meetings at frequency as requested by President.
USD $ 52.89/Hr - $54.34Hr